Coronavirus (Covid-19) Statement
Our accommodation lends itself to natural social distancing with only 7 rooms across 3 floors. Our flexible check in times including a remote check in facility means that we can ensure our guests can remain a safe distance from other people and of course ourselves.
Our enhanced cleaning procedures now include a full sanitisation regime using a hospital grade sanitising machine of all rooms after departure so you can be assured when you enter your room it will be infection free. Our hall and lobby areas will also be sanitised daily.
Our breakfast room has ample space to accommodate 11 people together at the required 2 metre distance and we have increased our breakfast times to provide a little more flexibility for guests to feel even more reassured. We have outside space for sunny days and are happy to provide breakfast in the garden.
Booking and Arrival
- provide comprehensive information regarding the guests stay at Harriet House from the initial enquiry through to arrival, including cardless payment procedure and special requirements. A reminder email containing the information will be sent to the guest 5 days prior to arrival
- waive most of our cancellation fees for the remainder of 2020. (Charges will still be incurred for cancellations 24 hours or less prior to arrival or for no-shows)
- All unnecessary items have been removed from the rooms including cushions and throws
- Arrival – where possible we greet guests in person to avoid over use of key pad entry point. Ensure 2 metre distance and outline special measures. Point out the notices regarding breakfast procedure and where you can find the hand sanitiser
- Guest can request check in remotely. In order to accommodate this request, we will need to speak to the guest direct prior to arrival to provide them with the access code to the door. The access code will not be sent by email. Instructions will be left in the lobby for them to locate their room and their keys will be left in the door.
- Payment will be taken from card used to secure the booking to avoid cross contamination from the card terminal. However, in the event that the guest wishes to change the payment card the card terminal will be sanitised before and after the transaction.
- We will direct guests to their rooms and leave them to enter alone. Keys to the room will be sanitised and left in the door
- Information will be provided prior to arrival by email and also at check in
- On arrival all rooms will have 2 cups and 2 glasses and teaspoons, tea, coffee, milk, hot chocolate and biscuits in a covered container along with water in the fridge.
- Guests can request fresh milk.
During your stay
- Servicing of rooms will no longer be carried out for stays of less than 3 days. All bathrooms will have toilet cleaner and disinfectant wipes for the guest to use if they wish to clean their bathroom during this time. Guests will be asked to leave used cups, glasses, teaspoons and teaspoon dish in the box provided outside of their door when leaving for the day. This will be replenished and will be left outside of the room by the door in a covered container. You can of course request a change of towels at any time during your stay.
- For stays of 3 days or more the room will be serviced once the guests have left for the day. Gloves and masks will be worn by those cleaning the room. Bedding and towels will be changed, bedside tables, remote controls, vanity units, handles, light switches will be sanitised with antibacterial wipes. Guests must remove all personal items from the bathroom and all of the surfaces in the bedroom so they can be sanitised and disinfected adequately. Bathrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
- Guest will be able to order from our full breakfast menu the night before. Menus (paper and not reused) to be left in reception before retiring for the night. There will no longer be a self-service continental buffet provided. However, guest will now be able to order items from the breakfast menu the night before and those items will be served direct to them at their table.
- The menus provided also require a time slot to be selected. We will endeavour to meet all requirements but there may be occasion when due to numbers of guest we may need to change the time slot to ensure we can maintain a 2-metre distance at all times
- We would request that guests use the hand sanitiser provided in the lobby prior to entering the breakfast room and again when leaving the breakfast room.
- The breakfast room has been configured to allow 2 metres between tables and can accommodate 10 people at any one time. However, we will now serve breakfast between 8am am and 9.30 am to ensure we can accommodate all guest safely. We are able to provide breakfast earlier on request.
- Breakfast will be served to guests at their tables by the owners who will wear masks and gloves.
- Tables will be cleared when the guest has left to reduce unnecessary contact.
Room Sanitation and cleaning
- Where possible the rooms will be left for a period of 24 hours prior to commencing cleaning.
- Full deep cleaning including sanitisation will be carried out.
- Owners will use masks and gloves when cleaning rooms.
- All used items will be removed – linen, mattress protectors, pillow protectors, towels, cups, glasses, unfinished toilet roll, bathroom beakers
- Sanitisation will be carried out using a hospital grade sanitising machine
- All surfaces in the rooms will be cleaned with antibacterial cleaners
- Fridges will be cleaned with appropriate fridge disinfectant
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Soap, conditioner and hand cream dispensers will be removed and sanitised.
- Banisters will be wiped down with bleach twice daily, after breakfast service is closed and between 9pm and 10pm
- Lobby, stairs and hallway will be sanitised using a hospital grade sanitising machine
- Guests will vacate their rooms in the usual way ensuring they leave their room key either in the door or in the lobby area. We would ask that they ring the bell in the lobby to let us know they have vacated.